Welcome back to the Foreign Affairs Review! We have been on hiatus for the summer months, but we have not been idle. The Foreign Affairs Review is proud to bring you a number of innovations and improvements in our second year. Have a look:
- Print Edition – once per term, the Review will be publishing a print publication with a circulation over 1000 copies. This new print product will bring you not only a diverse selection of articles like our site, but also an in-depth core of articles exploring one issue from many angles. The print publication is one of the many positive developments resulting from the merger of the Foreign Affairs Review and the Regulus Magazine. With the Regulus team now a part of the Review, our joint effort makes us the largest publication at St Andrews, and the only one focused on international and political affairs.
- To complement our online and now print presence, we have also decided to expand to audio. Each week, 2-3 of our articles will be turned into podcasts. You can check them out under the Media tab, where you will also find a weekly podcast of our radio show, This Week in Foreign Affairs.
- Building on the joint degree programme between St Andrews and the College of William and Mary in Virginia, the Review has opened up a Washington DC Bureau. With a dedicated team of eight analyst and two editors, the Review will now be bringing you articles from a US-based team, with access to the politics and policy makers in DC.
- In seeking to bring you more exclusive content, we will be doing more interviews this year, and have opened a new Interviews tab. In addition to articles based on these interviews, you can listen to the full, unedited audio under the Media tab.
- To bring the St Andrews community more local content, we will be running an interview series with IR professors about their research, their views on current events, and answers to other questions you’ve always wanted to ask them.
- The Foreign Affairs Review will now be publishing three times a week – Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- We have expanded our partnerships, so now more partner publications will be reposting our articles, increasing the exposure our analysts will enjoy.
We hope you enjoy the Foreign Affairs Review this year,